In this article I will analyze the game between Bournemouth and Sheffield United for Championship (England).
The average bookmakers odds for this game and our odds based on expected goals equations calculation are :
Basic Data and latest results
Bournemouth basic data
Bournemouth latest results
Sheffield United basic data
Sheffield United latest results
|18 Aug||West Brom||A||0||4||L||O||Ng|
Lineups and team news
The possible lineups for the game are:
|Bournemouth (4-3-3)||Sheffield United (4-2-3-1)|
|Mark Travers||GK||Robin Olsen||GK|
|Jordan Zemura||DL||Rhys Norrington-Davies||DL|
|Lloyd Kelly||DC||John Egan||DC|
|Gary Cahill||DC||Ben Davies||DC|
|Adam Smith||DR||George Baldock||DR|
|Jefferson Lerma||MC||John Fleck||DMC|
|Philip Billing||MC||Conor Hourihane||DMC|
|Ben Pearson||MC||Ben Osborn||AML|
|Jaidon Anthony||FWL||Iliman Ndiaye||AMC|
|Dominic Solanke||FW||Morgan Gibbs-White||AMR|
|David Brooks||FWR||Billy Sharp||FW|
Bournemouth news and injuries
Junior Stanislas and Lewis Cook are the home side’s only confirmed absentees. Scott Parker made changes in midweek so expect the likes of Ben Pearson and Jaidon Anthony to return to the starting XI for this trickier clash.
Sheffield United news and injuries
. David McGoldrick returned to action in midweek but midfielder Sander Berge remains a doubt. Slavisa Jokanovic could make two changes for the trip to Dorset this weekend with Rhys Norrington-Davies and Conor Hourihane both in contention for recalls.
Betting information and prediction
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Bournemouth’s last 5 home games (Championship).
- Bournemouth have been winning at both half time and full time in their last 3 home matches (Championship).
- Bournemouth are undefeated in their last 10 matches (Championship).
- Bournemouth have scored at least 2 goals in their last 5 home matches (Championship).
- Sheff Utd have won 5 of their last 6 matches against Bournemouth in all competitions.
- Bournemouth have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 3 home matches against Sheff Utd in all competitions.
Desicive betting factors
- The form score for the Bournemouth is 0.667 and for the Sheffield United is 0.311.
- The home dynamic for the Bournemouth is 0.639 and the dynamic as a guest for the Sheffield United is -0.208.
- The offensive ability for the Bournemouth is 0.067 and for the Sheffield United is 0.053.
- Finally, the defensive ability for the Bournemouth is 0.519 and for the Sheffield United is -0.253.
Optimal equations estimations
Expected game result
The following table presents for probability of each team to score exactly 0-1-2 or 3+ goals.
|Team||No-G||1 gl||2 gls||3+ gls|
According to odds offered, the bookies expect (on average) Bournemouth to score 1.46 goals and Sheffield United to score 0.92 goals.
So, they expect a total of 2.38 goals in the game and the home team Bournemouth to win by 0.54 goals margin on average.
According to our calculations, we expect (on average) Bournemouth to score 1.58 goals and Sheffield United to score 0.94 goals.
So, we expect a total of 2.52 goals in the game and the home team Bournemouth to win by 0.64 goals margin on average.
Expected total goals number
The following table presents the “fair” odds for various goals scenarios.
Various goals scenarios
The following table presents the “fair” odds for the game result in various goals scenarios. For example, if you believe that both teams will score, or that the game will have less than 3 goals you can find if a specific result is a value bet.
|If game ends with||-1-||-X-||-2-|